The error you received is caused by the Windows Installer component being unable to install and/or register .DLL files properly. The Windows Installer is a software component built into your Windows operating system that assists in installing applications on your computer. In other words, these error messages are created by Windows, not Quicken. However, we can help resolve the issue for you.
1. Download the Bootstrap Install file appropriate for your version of Quicken.
When prompted, choose Save. (Save the file to your Desktop to make it easier to find.)
Do not attempt to run this executable file across the internet.
a. For Quicken 2012 or newe: Quicken 2012 Bootstrap Installer
b. For Quicken 2011: Quicken 2011 Bootstrap Installer
2. Double-click the QxxBootstrap.exe file you just downloaded.
3. Click Unzip.
A new folder will automatically be created on your (C:) drive: c:Quicken20xxBStrap.
4. When the extract process is completed, click Close on the self-extractor.
5. Click your Windows Start button and choose Computer.
6. Double-click your C: drive.
7. Double-click Quicken20xxBStrap
8. Double-click Bootstrap20xx.
9. Double-click Disk 1.
10. Double-click Quicken 20xx.msi.
11. Follow the on-screen prompts to install Quicken.
If you continue to encounter an error after completing the above steps, please contact 1-800-656-6115