- There are two versions of Quicken Essentials: a retail version, available from Intuit and off the shelf in retail stores; and a Mac App Store version, available by clicking the App Store icon on your computer or by visiting the Mac App Store website. To adhere to technical guidelines established by Apple, the Mac App Store version of Quicken Essentials does not support the conversion of Quicken for Mac data files.
- If you are converting data from Quicken for Mac, please note that Quicken Essentials converts data from Quicken for Mac 2007, 2006, and 2005 only.
- Create a copy of your current Quicken for Mac data file. You’ll use this copy for the conversion.
- Launch the Quicken File Exchange Utility (it’s also on your Quicken Essentials disk).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to locate the copy of your old data file and then convert it. When complete, you’ll have a new data file — but it’s not quite done. We still need to import it.
- Open Quicken Essentials. You can import your old data into a new data file or one that you’ve already started using.
- Choose File > Import, and then select the file that you just created during the conversion process.
The converted file has a .QDFX extension. You’ll find it in the same folder as the copy you made earlier.
If you continue to encounter an error after completing the above steps, please contact 1-800-656-6115
External Link: https://goo.gl/Y9QFHW | http://bit.ly/2hmaImu | http://tinyurl.com/y963fmgo | http://bit.do/dDHwD | http://ow.ly/LFfk30e66vY