The financial institutions server returned an OFX response containing an OFX error 15500 "The user entered an invalid userID or password. Ensure that the customer ID and the password entered are correct."
What this error looks like in the OFX Log:
< OFX >
< SIGNONMSGSRSV1 >< SONRS >
< STATUS >
< CODE >15500
< SEVERITY >ERROR
< MESSAGE >The User ID or Password you entered is invalid. Please call 800-###-####
The key components of this message will be the STATUS, ERROR and (where presented) MESSAGE tags. The MESSAGE tag data will vary, depending on the error and FI.
How to find the OFX Log to see the error message:
1. In Quicken, go to Help > Show Logs in Finder > OFX Log.
2. Double clicking the OFX Log will open it in Text Edit.
3. The OFX Log is written in ascending chronological order, with the most recent transmission appearing at the bottom of the log file.
If you are certain that you’re entering the correct credentials, please contact the Online Banking Support for your financial institution so they can determine why their system is rejecting those credentials as invalid.
Quicken Support cannot resolve this issue, as we do not have access to the financial institutions servers and the customer account information held on them, necessary for determining and resolving the problem.
If the error message does not contain the financial institutions contact information, you can find thatr by one of the following methods:
1. Click the Settings button for an activated account, then click the List button next to the FI name;
2. Click the Add Account button to get to the screen with the financial institution name, displaying their contact number and URL;
3. Log into your account(s) at the FI website, then find their technical support contact number.
If you continue to encounter an error after completing the above steps, please contact 1-800-656-6115