Are you still trying to figure out how to convert your QuickBooks important data files into Quicken format? If yes, you needn’t worry as both QuickBooks and Quicken are two world’s most popular business accounting software programs which help users manage their finances in an organized manner. By default settings, though, every type of software can export data in its own unique format. But in case if you have to save your accounting data into default QuickBooks format, then you won’t be able to open it up in Quicken format. With the growing demand of users, the company has released out some simple techniques that allow users to overcome this problem.
How to export chart of accounts and vendor lists?
For this procedure, first of all, you need to export your chart of accounts along with the retailer list from your QuickBooks account to your computer desktop. Do it simply by selecting “File,” “Utilities,” “Export” and “Lists to IIF Files.”
- Select the chart of accounts you want to export and then save it to your system. During the confirmation message, ensure that the file extension is set to IFF. This will permit you to renew the files later using Microsoft Excel format.
- For exporting the retailer lists from QuickBooks software, it requires a different
- While you are logged in as the admin, open up the seller center and click on “Excel” in the header.
- Now click on “Export Vendor List” followed by the “Export” button.
- Name the file and click on “Save” to send the seller lists to your computer. Make sure the vendor list you have saved is in IFF format; otherwise, you won’t be able to convert into Quicken format.
If you are not able to export chart of accounts even after applying all these steps, contact Quicken for Mac service page that offers technical support services on all Quicken Mac versions for data conversion in a proficient manner.
Transferring Data to Quicken Format
Now, if you want to transfer your QuickBooks data into Quicken format, then you have your chart of accounts and retailer lists saved on your desktop. You can also transfer the account into Quicken format by locating the previously saved files on your desktop or hard drive, and open again using Microsoft Excel.
If you are not able to transfer your data into Quicken format, then you can simply visit Quicken support site to convert QuickBooks data into Quicken format with the help of expert technicians.
For this, open the excel file containing your QuickBooks data and select “File” and “Export.” After this, choose a format and save your accounts in QIF format in an order.
For accounts and charts, always remember to save the file in QIF format so that you can open it normally in Quicken. Fortunately, you can perform these above listed steps to convert Quicken data into QuickBooks format successfully.
✆ Quicken 888-846-6939