Note: Stuffit Expander is required to install this update. Stuffit Expander is not included in Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger). If you are using Tiger, a free download of Stuffit Expander is available at http://www.stuffit.com/mac/expander/index.html.
To install the manual update:
- Click here to download the update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Quicken 2004 to QuickBooks 6.0 conversion issue
If you encounter errors when you try to open a Quicken 2004 for Mac file in QuickBooks Pro 6 for Mac, download and install the Quicken-to-QuickBooks Utility and follow the instructions provided in the accompanying read me file.
This utility will fix an issue where QuickBooks would fail to convert Quicken 2004 file if the Quicken file was updated to version R2 or R3. Using this tool is necessary only if you plan on converting a Quicken 2004 for Mac file to QuickBooks 6 for Mac.
Using the Quicken-to-QuickBooks Tool
- Before using the tool, be sure to make a backup copy of your Quicken data file. For extra security, lock your backup data file.
- Double-click the Quicken-to-QuickBooks Tool icon.
- Select the Quicken data file you want to change, and then click Choose (Mac OS X) or Open (Mac OS 9).
Note: You can also drag your Quicken data file to the Quicken-to-QuickBooks Tool icon. If your Quicken data file is located in a FileVault-protected folder, move the data file to a non-protected location (like the Quicken application folder) before using the Quicken-to-QuickBooks Tool.
Converting your Quicken 2004 for Mac data file to QuickBooks 6 for Mac
After you successfully change your Quicken 2004 R2 or R3 data file to R1, you can convert it in QuickBooks 6 for Mac.
- Quit the Quicken program.
- Open QuickBooks 6 for Mac.
- From the QuickBooks File menu, choose Convert from Quicken.
- Click Yes to review information on converting a Quicken file.
- Choose the Quicken data file, and the click Open.
If you continue to encounter an error after completing the above steps, please contact 1-800-656-6115